Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bill Kristol, editor of Weekly Standard, tells CNN if Trump wins GOP nomination, he'll support third party ticket such as Dick Cheney and Tom Cotton-CNN

.
9/14/15, "Conservative pundit Bill Kristol: If Trump wins, I'd support a third party choice," CNN Money

"Donald Trump has signed a pledge to support the Republican Party's presidential nominee -- even if it isn't him. But one of the best-known pundits in conservative media isn't making the same promise.

Bill Kristol, the editor of the Weekly Standard, said he would likely look beyond both of the major parties if Trump, the clear frontrunner in the GOP's crowded presidential field, emerged with the party's nomination.

"I doubt I'd support Donald. I doubt I'd support the Democrat," Kristol told CNNMoney in an email. "I think I'd support getting someone good on the ballot as a third party candidate."..
 
So who would Kristol like to see on the ballot? 

Former Vice President Dick Cheney and freshman Senator Tom Cotton, Kristol said, "would be an excellent independent ticket!""

No comments: