Saturday, June 10, 2017

Montage of 'Mr. Sensitive' Comey: 'I could be wrong....I could always be wrong...It was kind of a slightly cowardly way...I don't want to make you sound like I'm Captain Courageous...I woke up in the middle of the night...It rings in my ears...Again, I could be wrong.' Comey presents as a middle manager just back from a human resources seminar, not the man in charge of the nation's top law enforcement agency-Rush Limbaugh

.
June 9, 2017, "Does This Sound Like a Man Who Ran the Nation’s Most Powerful Law Enforcement Agency?" Rush Limbaugh

"RUSH: To the audio sound bites! We have a couple montages of Comey we put together after the testimony yesterday. We have one that’s very short, just 10 seconds--it was a rush job (no pun intended)--and then one that’s a little bit longer. Here’s the first one…

COMEY: It was an absolutely cowardly way…I was also confused. …I was honestly concerned.…It was a surprise.…gave me a queasy feeling.…I could be wrong.…I could be wrong.…I could be wrong.







RUSH: He said that nine times yesterday, by the way. “Although I could be wrong. I might be wrong. I could very well be wrong.” Nine times. You know what that is? CYA, baby!...What I think happened here, Senator, is that Trump’s a pig. I could be wrong, but I think the president’s a liar. I could be wrong, but I just feared I wouldn’t get the truth out of him and I had to write these memos because I know the president’s a liar. I could be wrong.” We had a caller yesterday who said Comey sounded like a Millennial whining girl....

I’ve got a story here in the Stack. It’s actually CNN, Mark Bauerlein, professor of English at Emory University, senior editor of the journal First Things and author of The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future. He believes that Comey is too sensitive for his own good. You know, I made the point yesterday.... 

We didn’t have an FBI director that sounded like he ran the nation’s most powerful law enforcement agency. We didn’t have a guy that sounded like that at all. And this guy, Mark Bauerlein, writes, “During his testimony, James Comey didn’t sound like the head of a fearsome investigative agency. He sounded like a middle manager in business who’s just attended a human resources seminar on inappropriate behavior in the workplace.” We had a caller that basically said the same thing, so we thought we’d put together a montage about it. 

COMEY: The shifting explanations confused me and increasingly concerned me. … They confused me.… That didn’t make sense to me. a very disturbing thing, very concerning. … It caused a whole lot of personal pain for me. … confused me and concerned me. … I was honestly concerned.made me uneasy. … I was so uneasy. … This is a (dramatic pause) very disturbing development. … Lordy! … It was kind of a slightly cowardly way. shocked and troubled. … never experienced such a thing. … very concerned. … I was a bit stunned. … You know, I don’t want to make you sound like I’m Captain Courageous. … What came to my mind is, “Be careful.” …I very, very much… my serious concern. … I woke up in the middle of the night. … He couldn’t possibly be having dinner with me alone. … Why did he kick everybody out of the Oval Office? … I was worried the media was campin’ at the end of my driveway. … I was worried it would be like feeding seagulls. It rings in my ears, kind of: “Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?” … concerned me. … You look back in hindsight, you think, “Should I have resisted harder?” … That gave me a queasy feeling. extraordinarily difficult and painful. … got very awkward.I could always be wrong. … Again, I could be wrong. Now, look, I — I — I could be wrong. … I could be wrong. 

RUSH: Is this not amazing?...The part where he says, “I woke up in the middle of the night. … He can’t possibly be having dinner with me alone!” He’s the one that first suggested it." image above from RushLimbaugh.com
...............

Rush Limbaugh "Related Links"

============

Comment: The embarrassing Girly Man Comey was perfect for both Bush and Obama. If you think this country is a joke, hiring someone like this is how you show it.






.............

No comments: